Mamata Banerjee dares Centre to ‘touch’ her
Kolkata: Alleging that the UPA government was using central agencies to disturb her government and her party while Congress was conspiring in league with CPI(M), West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Friday dared the Centre to `touch` her.
"All sorts central agencies have been deployed to disturb the Trinamool Congress and the government ... The heroes of the Coalgate scam are conspiring against us," Banerjee told a party rally here.
Claiming that when the Trinamool Congress was part of the UPA, there was a move for an income tax raid on the Trinamool Congress by seeking files of party MPs and she had told the Prime Minister to go ahead.
"If we remain with you we are bad, if we do not remain with you, then also we are bad," she said.
".... You have said we (Centre) have touched Mayawati, we have touched Mulayam, we have touched Jayalalitha. But we are not able to touch Mamata. Let her name be dragged in (corruption) too," the Trinamool Congress supremo said.
"Let (the Centre) touch my hair. I will not bow my head. I am telling the king and the queen not to play with fire," she said adding that she was from a poor and not a royal family and was known to the people as `Mamata` and not Chief Minister.
Vowing to be the nemesis of Congress in the coming Lok Sabha polls, she said, "Elections will be held in three to six months time from now and we will bring a change in Delhi.
"We will smash the web of conspiracy against Bengal. Congress and the CPI(M) and a section of the BJP have joined hands to conspire against us," she alleged.
"We will see to it that Congress (which won six Lok Sabha seats last time) does not get a single seat from West Bengal next time," Banerjee said, adding that she would tour the country to bring about this change at the Centre.
Referring to the CBI, Banerjee said the Supreme Court had
observed that the central investigative agency was like a `caged parrot`.
She claimed that the central investigative agency could not do much in the Gyaneshwari train accident and the Nandigram and Netai killings.
Attacking the Left Front for `mushrooming` of chit funds during three decades of its tenure in the state, she took a dig at a delegation of Left leaders meeting the Prime Minister and Union Finance Minister, seeking a CBI probe into the chit fund scam.
"You will hear that they have even gone to Obama to complain. Let them go to Cuba, Russia and Korea also," she said.
She also questioned why chit fund companies also flourished in Congress-ruled Assam, Left Front-ruled Tripura and in Jharkhand, which is under President`s Rule.
She asked where the money from Saradha group, which has allegedly defrauded thousands, have gone.
"Before asking for a CBI enquiry, CPI(M) and Congress should answer this. We would like to know whether it has gone to any political party fund or not," she said.
Without referring to the Calcutta High Court order, she said that the panchayat elections would be held on time and work in panchayats would not be affected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt