Mamata Banerjee in hospital, condition stable
Kolkata: Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, who was admitted to a private clinic here with complaints of breathing problem and palpitation, was resting and her condition was stable, doctors attending to her said on Thursday.
"Chief Minister is stable and she is now resting in our clinic under the observation of a 10-member medical team led by Dr Subrata Moitra," Belle Vue Clinic CEO K Tandon said.
"But she is under close monitoring."
Tandon said some tests including MRI, CT scan and blood examinations had been done and some more tests were likely to take place today.
Banerjee was admitted to the clinic shortly after she returned from Delhi yesterday in the afternoon. She was driven straight to the clinic from the airport.
The decision to admit her was taken after the chief minister complained of pain on both shoulder joints, neck, back mainly over left lumbosacral region and left knee joints.
Banerjee was examined on Tuesday by doctors at AIIMS in Delhi who advised her to get admitted for observation.
SFI members had blocked the chief minister`s passage in the Planning Commission in Delhi on Tuesday and manhandled state Finance Minister Amit Mitra while they were going to attend a meeting.
The chief minister subsequently fell ill and was administered oxygen while Mitra was put under observation at AIIMS.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says