Mamata Banerjee in hospital, condition stable
Kolkata: Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, who was admitted to a private clinic here with complaints of breathing problem and palpitation, was resting and her condition was stable, doctors attending to her said on Thursday.
"Chief Minister is stable and she is now resting in our clinic under the observation of a 10-member medical team led by Dr Subrata Moitra," Belle Vue Clinic CEO K Tandon said.
"But she is under close monitoring."
Tandon said some tests including MRI, CT scan and blood examinations had been done and some more tests were likely to take place today.
Banerjee was admitted to the clinic shortly after she returned from Delhi yesterday in the afternoon. She was driven straight to the clinic from the airport.
The decision to admit her was taken after the chief minister complained of pain on both shoulder joints, neck, back mainly over left lumbosacral region and left knee joints.
Banerjee was examined on Tuesday by doctors at AIIMS in Delhi who advised her to get admitted for observation.
SFI members had blocked the chief minister`s passage in the Planning Commission in Delhi on Tuesday and manhandled state Finance Minister Amit Mitra while they were going to attend a meeting.
The chief minister subsequently fell ill and was administered oxygen while Mitra was put under observation at AIIMS.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das