Mamata Banerjee invites all to commemorate 21 years of July 21
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee called upon party workers, supporters and sympathisers to commemorate 21 years of July 21, observed as the `Martyrs Day`, on Monday.
"July 21, observed as Martyres Day, will complete 21 years tomorrow. Join us, pay respect to the martyres and make the event more meaningful," Banerjee said in a facebook posting.
"The term `Ekushe` involves with our memories and a lot of emotion. It also has a history of mass movement. I shall never forget this day," the chief minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?