Mamata Banerjee invites all to commemorate 21 years of July 21
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee called upon party workers, supporters and sympathisers to commemorate 21 years of July 21, observed as the `Martyrs Day`, on Monday.
"July 21, observed as Martyres Day, will complete 21 years tomorrow. Join us, pay respect to the martyres and make the event more meaningful," Banerjee said in a facebook posting.
"The term `Ekushe` involves with our memories and a lot of emotion. It also has a history of mass movement. I shall never forget this day," the chief minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Photo alert! Divyanka Tripathi and Vivek Dahiya’s pre-wedding shoot looks like a fairytale
- Watch: Tiger Shroff, alleged girlfriend Disha Patani's sizzling chemistry is unmissable in 'Befikra'!
- Three Naxals shot dead by security forces in Chhattisgarh
- Drug that helps addicts may benefit cancer patients too
- Come clean by September 30: FM Arun Jaitley to black money holders