Mamata Banerjee not a good administrator: Ramesh
Lalgarh (WB): Union Minister Jairam Ramesh on Saturday attacked West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee questioning her claim that the Centre was not providing funds to her government and said she was "not a good administrator".
"Mamataji is a good political leader but she is not a good administrator. She claims that the Centre has not given any financial assistance to West Bengal but it not true," Ramesh, Union Minister for Rural Development, told a Congress meeting here in the erstwhile Maoist stronghold of `jangalmahal`.
"In fact, we have given Rs 13,000 crore in the last one year only for the Prime Minister Gram Sadak Yojana and another Rs 2,700 crore for building 5,500 km of road for rural development," he said.
He claimed central assistance given for socio-economic development of indigenous people were not properly used either by the erstwhile Left Front government or by the TMC government in the past one and half years of its rule.
"This has made the people to seek change again...The people will vote for Congress both in coming panchayat polls and in 2016 assembly polls," he claimed.
Referring to the peaceful situation prevailing in jangalmahal, he said it was not created solely by the state.
"Whatever Mamata Banerjee might say, she cannot deny the role of central forces in re-establishing peace in Lalgarh... Central forces are still deployed here," he said.
In an obvious reference to Banerjee often dubbing Congress as the B team of CPI(M), he said " many leaders were born within Congress, they got all the benefits and then hit the party. But Congress is alive. None can eliminate Congress from the state. We will face the challenge."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks