Mamata Banerjee pays tribute to people of Singur
Singur: Terming Singur and Nandigram as
a turning point in West Bengal politics, Chief Minister Mamata
Banerjee on Monday acknowledged the contribution of the people of
Singur in the movement against forcible farmland acquisition.
Observing `Singur Day`, Banerjee told a public rally
here that and her government was in the process of formulating
a new land policy.
"God has given me enough strength to overcome crisis and
attack and I have full faith on Ma, Mati and Manush (mother,
land and people) to serve you. I never bowed my head in the
past nor will I succumb to pressure," she said.
She said her government had already taken a move to
return the forcibly acquired land at Rajarhat in North 24
Parganas district within a month of coming to power.
Banerjee noted her government had not taken any revenge
after coming to power though `many misdeeds` of the previous
regime had surfaced like recovery of huge quantities of arms,
ammunition and seven skeletons from near the ancestral
house of CPI(M) MLA and former minister Sushanta Ghosh.
"I may open two museums - one of seized arms and
ammunition and another of skeletons that CPI(M) has left for
the state," she said sarcastically.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months