Mamata Banerjee ties Rakhi to Bengal Governor
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Saturday went to the Raj Bhavan to tie a Rakhi on Governor Kesari Nath Tripathi`s wrist on the eve of Rakhi purnima.
Banerjee went straight from her office at Nabanna to Raj Bhavan before attending a programme of Kolkata Police.
Raj Bhavan sources said that after tying the Rakhi, she went around the library of the Governor`s residence to see the collection of books and periodicals.
This was her first visit to Raj Bhavan after Tripathi was sworn in as new Governor of the state succeeding M K Narayanan on July 24 last.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report