Mamata Banerjee ties Rakhi to Bengal Governor
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Saturday went to the Raj Bhavan to tie a Rakhi on Governor Kesari Nath Tripathi`s wrist on the eve of Rakhi purnima.
Banerjee went straight from her office at Nabanna to Raj Bhavan before attending a programme of Kolkata Police.
Raj Bhavan sources said that after tying the Rakhi, she went around the library of the Governor`s residence to see the collection of books and periodicals.
This was her first visit to Raj Bhavan after Tripathi was sworn in as new Governor of the state succeeding M K Narayanan on July 24 last.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?