Mamata Banerjee ties Rakhi to Bengal Governor
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Saturday went to the Raj Bhavan to tie a Rakhi on Governor Kesari Nath Tripathi`s wrist on the eve of Rakhi purnima.
Banerjee went straight from her office at Nabanna to Raj Bhavan before attending a programme of Kolkata Police.
Raj Bhavan sources said that after tying the Rakhi, she went around the library of the Governor`s residence to see the collection of books and periodicals.
This was her first visit to Raj Bhavan after Tripathi was sworn in as new Governor of the state succeeding M K Narayanan on July 24 last.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Hotness alert! Ranveer Singh's macho avatar will make you go weak in the knees
- Vodafone appoints six investment banks for $3 billion India IPO
- No takers for Kingfisher Airlines brand at online auction
- Uttarakhand forest fire: PMO assures help for relief work
- AgustaWestland row: Aam Aadmi Party to gherao Sonia Gandhi, PM Narendra Modi's residence on May 7