Mamata Banerjee ties Rakhi to Bengal Governor
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Saturday went to the Raj Bhavan to tie a Rakhi on Governor Kesari Nath Tripathi`s wrist on the eve of Rakhi purnima.
Banerjee went straight from her office at Nabanna to Raj Bhavan before attending a programme of Kolkata Police.
Raj Bhavan sources said that after tying the Rakhi, she went around the library of the Governor`s residence to see the collection of books and periodicals.
This was her first visit to Raj Bhavan after Tripathi was sworn in as new Governor of the state succeeding M K Narayanan on July 24 last.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!