Mamata Banerjee to inaugurate mini secretariat on Jan 20: Deb
Jalpaiguri: The mini secretariat of the West Bengal government set up at Phulbari in Jalpaiguri district would be inaugurated by Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on January 20.
North Bengal Development Minister Goutam Deb said the 70,000 square feet building named `Uttar Kanya` would be mini secretariat of the West Bengal government.
The people of North Bengal district would now not have to go to Kolkata to get their work done as the mini secretariat at Phulbari would have 20 departments other than the North Bengal Development department.
In the building there are rooms for the chief minister, cabinet ministers, ministers, chief secretary and other departmental secretaries and their staff.
Finishing touches are being given to the building, he said.
Deb along with the Siliguri Police Commissioner Jagmohan visited the building to supervise the arrangements.
The Police Commissioner said security has been beefed up in the area in view of the visit of the Chief Minister to inaugurate the building.
Police sniffer dogs and bomb disposal squad personnel are scanning the entire area, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS
- Turning the tide on hair loss
- Rajnath Singh in Kashmir, says those who believe in 'Kashmiriyat' are welcome for talks