Mamata Banerjee to inaugurate mini secretariat on Jan 20: Deb
Jalpaiguri: The mini secretariat of the West Bengal government set up at Phulbari in Jalpaiguri district would be inaugurated by Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on January 20.
North Bengal Development Minister Goutam Deb said the 70,000 square feet building named `Uttar Kanya` would be mini secretariat of the West Bengal government.
The people of North Bengal district would now not have to go to Kolkata to get their work done as the mini secretariat at Phulbari would have 20 departments other than the North Bengal Development department.
In the building there are rooms for the chief minister, cabinet ministers, ministers, chief secretary and other departmental secretaries and their staff.
Finishing touches are being given to the building, he said.
Deb along with the Siliguri Police Commissioner Jagmohan visited the building to supervise the arrangements.
The Police Commissioner said security has been beefed up in the area in view of the visit of the Chief Minister to inaugurate the building.
Police sniffer dogs and bomb disposal squad personnel are scanning the entire area, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31