Mamata Banerjee to inaugurate mini secretariat on Jan 20: Deb
Jalpaiguri: The mini secretariat of the West Bengal government set up at Phulbari in Jalpaiguri district would be inaugurated by Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on January 20.
North Bengal Development Minister Goutam Deb said the 70,000 square feet building named `Uttar Kanya` would be mini secretariat of the West Bengal government.
The people of North Bengal district would now not have to go to Kolkata to get their work done as the mini secretariat at Phulbari would have 20 departments other than the North Bengal Development department.
In the building there are rooms for the chief minister, cabinet ministers, ministers, chief secretary and other departmental secretaries and their staff.
Finishing touches are being given to the building, he said.
Deb along with the Siliguri Police Commissioner Jagmohan visited the building to supervise the arrangements.
The Police Commissioner said security has been beefed up in the area in view of the visit of the Chief Minister to inaugurate the building.
Police sniffer dogs and bomb disposal squad personnel are scanning the entire area, he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump