Mamata Banerjee to inaugurate mini secretariat on Jan 20: Deb
Jalpaiguri: The mini secretariat of the West Bengal government set up at Phulbari in Jalpaiguri district would be inaugurated by Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on January 20.
North Bengal Development Minister Goutam Deb said the 70,000 square feet building named `Uttar Kanya` would be mini secretariat of the West Bengal government.
The people of North Bengal district would now not have to go to Kolkata to get their work done as the mini secretariat at Phulbari would have 20 departments other than the North Bengal Development department.
In the building there are rooms for the chief minister, cabinet ministers, ministers, chief secretary and other departmental secretaries and their staff.
Finishing touches are being given to the building, he said.
Deb along with the Siliguri Police Commissioner Jagmohan visited the building to supervise the arrangements.
The Police Commissioner said security has been beefed up in the area in view of the visit of the Chief Minister to inaugurate the building.
Police sniffer dogs and bomb disposal squad personnel are scanning the entire area, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'