Mamata Banerjee trying to shield Tapas Pal: BJP
Kolkata: Accusing West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee of trying to shield Tapas Pal, who has made controversial remarks, senior BJP leader Siddharth Nath Singh said only an apology was of no use and he should be made to quit as Trinamool Congress MP.
"Two tapes of TMC MP Tapas Pal are out and Mamata Banerjee is still trying to shield him. This is the policy of Trinamool for TMC goons. Only apology is of no consequence, he should be made to quit his parliament seat," Singh told PTI.
"West Bengal government should file a criminal case against him," Singh said.
Banerjee had yesterday described Pal`s hate speech as a `big blunder`, but then wondered if she should `kill him` for this and said whatever steps are needed to be taken have been taken.
"It is not just a mistake, it`s big blunder. We have taken whatever steps that are needed to be taken. It is an individual utterance. What do you want? Should I kill him? What can I do? Whatever I can do we can do it through our policy", Banerjee told reporters yesterday.
Pal yesterday tendered unconditional apology for allegedly threatening to kill CPI-M workers and having their women raped after he was asked by an embarassed party leadership to do so and condemnded by opposition political parties as well as noted personalities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Say goodbye to your acidity woes with these ten simple tips!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital