Mamata Banerjee unwell
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee is down with fever and has cancelled all her engagements on Monday and Tuesday.
"Despite having temperature, the Chief Minister went to junglemahal to assess development work. Her temperature soared to 104 degree yesterday. She still has mild fever and is at home on doctor`s advice," a source close to her told a news agency.
The Chief Minister who was to attend programmes at Amdanga in North 24 Parganas district and at Haringhata during the day has postponed it.
She would attend all her programmes on January nine and ten, the source said.
Her January 7 programme has been rescheduled to January 18 and January 8 engagements to January 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption