Mamata Banerjee`s Facebook page crosses five lakh `likes`
Kolkata: Within a year and a half of opening her official page, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has amassed five lakh `likes` on social networking website Facebook.
Banerjee has used the forum to extensively not just to express her disapproval of central government`s policies and to vent her ire at the opposition, but also to announce developments of the state and pay tributes to prominent figures, the most recent being anti-apartheid icon Nelson Mandela.
Followers are encouraged to opine, but the use of profanities are not allowed.
Her online journey that began June 15, 2012 has also seen her post photos of her gatherings, meetings and gala events, including the 2013 Kolkata International Film Festival.
Be it Vijay Diwas, Eid, Christmas or Basant Panchami, her posts have conveyed season`s greetings.
Effusive in her praise for icons like Amitabh Bachchan, Sachin Tendulkar, her updates have paid homage to great sons of Bengal, including late singers Manna Dey and Hemanta Mukherjee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Uttarakhand: BJP MLA Prem Singh Rana insulted during CM Harish Rawat's speech
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey