Mamata Banerjee’s move to speed up development
Kolkata: In a unique move to accelerate development in districts and rural areas, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Saturday offered her telephone number to block development officers to help them contact her in times of need.
She sought the telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of the BDOs and offered her own telephone number to them to facilitate direct contact with her for development work, sources close to Banerjee said.
The Chief Minister, who addressed the annual general meeting of WBCS Officers Association at Town Hall here, asked the BDOs to feel free to contact her `if need be`, sources said.
According to the source, the Chief Minister sought the `fullest cooperation` of the BDOs in her government`s bid to accelerate development in the districts and rural areas of the state.
Banerjee also asked state Finance Minister Amit Mitra to talk to Delhi Public School authorities for opening model schools for children of WBCS officers posted in interior areas of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark