Mamata Banerjee’s move to speed up development
Kolkata: In a unique move to accelerate development in districts and rural areas, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Saturday offered her telephone number to block development officers to help them contact her in times of need.
She sought the telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of the BDOs and offered her own telephone number to them to facilitate direct contact with her for development work, sources close to Banerjee said.
The Chief Minister, who addressed the annual general meeting of WBCS Officers Association at Town Hall here, asked the BDOs to feel free to contact her `if need be`, sources said.
According to the source, the Chief Minister sought the `fullest cooperation` of the BDOs in her government`s bid to accelerate development in the districts and rural areas of the state.
Banerjee also asked state Finance Minister Amit Mitra to talk to Delhi Public School authorities for opening model schools for children of WBCS officers posted in interior areas of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi