Mamata Banerjee’s move to speed up development
Kolkata: In a unique move to accelerate development in districts and rural areas, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Saturday offered her telephone number to block development officers to help them contact her in times of need.
She sought the telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of the BDOs and offered her own telephone number to them to facilitate direct contact with her for development work, sources close to Banerjee said.
The Chief Minister, who addressed the annual general meeting of WBCS Officers Association at Town Hall here, asked the BDOs to feel free to contact her `if need be`, sources said.
According to the source, the Chief Minister sought the `fullest cooperation` of the BDOs in her government`s bid to accelerate development in the districts and rural areas of the state.
Banerjee also asked state Finance Minister Amit Mitra to talk to Delhi Public School authorities for opening model schools for children of WBCS officers posted in interior areas of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rio Olympics 2016: Usain Bolt eyes 'triple triple' after fitness scare
- Trump has sacrificed nothing: father of Pak-origin US soldier
- Rio 2016: Brazil arrests man on terrorism charges ahead of Olympics
- Hillary Clinton: Burning ambition and resilience to match
- Deepika Padukone beats Kangana Ranaut? Here’s how