Mamata Banerjee’s move to speed up development
Kolkata: In a unique move to accelerate development in districts and rural areas, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Saturday offered her telephone number to block development officers to help them contact her in times of need.
She sought the telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of the BDOs and offered her own telephone number to them to facilitate direct contact with her for development work, sources close to Banerjee said.
The Chief Minister, who addressed the annual general meeting of WBCS Officers Association at Town Hall here, asked the BDOs to feel free to contact her `if need be`, sources said.
According to the source, the Chief Minister sought the `fullest cooperation` of the BDOs in her government`s bid to accelerate development in the districts and rural areas of the state.
Banerjee also asked state Finance Minister Amit Mitra to talk to Delhi Public School authorities for opening model schools for children of WBCS officers posted in interior areas of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley