Mamata Banerjee’s security to be given new look
Kolkata: Responding to the wishes of new
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, her security will
be given a new look keeping it unobtrusive but definitely
maintaining norms of Z-Plus category, state DGP Naparajit
Mukherjee said here on Sunday.
"It will not look aggressive with less vehicles in
convoy, no pilot car and no bullet proof car as the chief
minister desires, but definitely will have more plain-clothed
security personnel around," Mukherjee said.
To a question, if the chief minister`s new look
security would compromise with the Z-Plus category, which she
is entitled to, the DGP said, "The security the chief minister
deserves will never be compromised."
The DGP, however, declined to divulge details saying,
"It should remain secret due to security reasons."
Asked if Banerjee`s proximity to crowd could pose
threat to her security, the DGP said adequate steps had been
taken in this regard with more plain-clothed security
Banerjee, who took over as the new chief minister two
days back said she would not use a bullet-proof car.
"I don`t want a bullet-proof car. I don`t have any
vehicle on my own. I use a car provided by a party colleague.
I will continue to use it," Banerjee said earlier.
"I am for the people and will not do anything to be
alienated from them," she said.
Asked about the security protocol, Banerjee replied,
"Those who are looking after security, it is for them to see.
It is a technical matter."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video