Mamata briefs Pranab on Lalgarh situation
Kolkata: Against the backdrop of violence at Lalgarh, Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee tonight met Union Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee and briefed him on the situation there.
"I briefed him (Mukherjee) on the situation at Netai village in Lalgarh," Banerjee told reporters after emerging from the meeting at Mukherjee`s South Kolkata residence.
Banerjee had visited Netai village at Lalgarh in West Midnapore district yesterday where eight persons were gunned down on Friday allegedly by CPI-M cadres.
Earlier in the day, Pranab Mukherjee expressed concern over the "worsening" law and order situation in West Bengal.
"Law and order is worsening in West Bengal. Killings have become a daily phenomenon. But who is responsible for such a state of affairs?" Mukherjee said when reporters sought his comments on the firing incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery