Mamata briefs Pranab on Lalgarh situation
Kolkata: Against the backdrop of violence at Lalgarh, Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee tonight met Union Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee and briefed him on the situation there.
"I briefed him (Mukherjee) on the situation at Netai village in Lalgarh," Banerjee told reporters after emerging from the meeting at Mukherjee`s South Kolkata residence.
Banerjee had visited Netai village at Lalgarh in West Midnapore district yesterday where eight persons were gunned down on Friday allegedly by CPI-M cadres.
Earlier in the day, Pranab Mukherjee expressed concern over the "worsening" law and order situation in West Bengal.
"Law and order is worsening in West Bengal. Killings have become a daily phenomenon. But who is responsible for such a state of affairs?" Mukherjee said when reporters sought his comments on the firing incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical