Mamata briefs Pranab on Lalgarh situation
Kolkata: Against the backdrop of violence at Lalgarh, Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee tonight met Union Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee and briefed him on the situation there.
"I briefed him (Mukherjee) on the situation at Netai village in Lalgarh," Banerjee told reporters after emerging from the meeting at Mukherjee`s South Kolkata residence.
Banerjee had visited Netai village at Lalgarh in West Midnapore district yesterday where eight persons were gunned down on Friday allegedly by CPI-M cadres.
Earlier in the day, Pranab Mukherjee expressed concern over the "worsening" law and order situation in West Bengal.
"Law and order is worsening in West Bengal. Killings have become a daily phenomenon. But who is responsible for such a state of affairs?" Mukherjee said when reporters sought his comments on the firing incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption