Mamata briefs Pranab on Lalgarh situation
Kolkata: Against the backdrop of violence at Lalgarh, Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee tonight met Union Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee and briefed him on the situation there.
"I briefed him (Mukherjee) on the situation at Netai village in Lalgarh," Banerjee told reporters after emerging from the meeting at Mukherjee`s South Kolkata residence.
Banerjee had visited Netai village at Lalgarh in West Midnapore district yesterday where eight persons were gunned down on Friday allegedly by CPI-M cadres.
Earlier in the day, Pranab Mukherjee expressed concern over the "worsening" law and order situation in West Bengal.
"Law and order is worsening in West Bengal. Killings have become a daily phenomenon. But who is responsible for such a state of affairs?" Mukherjee said when reporters sought his comments on the firing incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16