Mamata briefs Pranab on Lalgarh situation
Kolkata: Against the backdrop of violence at Lalgarh, Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee tonight met Union Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee and briefed him on the situation there.
"I briefed him (Mukherjee) on the situation at Netai village in Lalgarh," Banerjee told reporters after emerging from the meeting at Mukherjee`s South Kolkata residence.
Banerjee had visited Netai village at Lalgarh in West Midnapore district yesterday where eight persons were gunned down on Friday allegedly by CPI-M cadres.
Earlier in the day, Pranab Mukherjee expressed concern over the "worsening" law and order situation in West Bengal.
"Law and order is worsening in West Bengal. Killings have become a daily phenomenon. But who is responsible for such a state of affairs?" Mukherjee said when reporters sought his comments on the firing incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?