Mamata calls interim budget election gimmick
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee today criticised the central government on the interim budget, saying it was an election gimmick.
It was possible to fool some people, but not all the people, Banerjee said replying to the debate on the governor`s address in the Assembly.
Noting that the outgoing UPA government would not be able to implement the budget, she said it was an election gimmick in a vote-on-account budget where the purpose was only to seek permission of Parliament for incurring expenditure for the coming four months.
Opposition members stayed away from the House during her speech.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM