Mamata calls interim budget election gimmick
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee today criticised the central government on the interim budget, saying it was an election gimmick.
It was possible to fool some people, but not all the people, Banerjee said replying to the debate on the governor`s address in the Assembly.
Noting that the outgoing UPA government would not be able to implement the budget, she said it was an election gimmick in a vote-on-account budget where the purpose was only to seek permission of Parliament for incurring expenditure for the coming four months.
Opposition members stayed away from the House during her speech.
- Akshay Kumar escapes scorching Mumbai heat with his ‘partner in crime’ – Here’s how
- Uttarakhand forest fire under control, no death so far: Rajnath Singh
- Donald Trump's presidency will 'lead to another 9/11': South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham
- Ex-Australian priest John Joseph Farrell sentenced for child abuse
- Blasphemy case for 'desecrating' Sikh man's turban in Pakistan