Mamata chooses Pitroda for ‘Resurgent Bengal` plan
Kolkata: West Bengal government on Saturday appointed technocrat Sam Pitroda as advisor to ‘Resurgent
Bengal` initiative created with the view to push the state
ahead in health, innovation and education sectors.
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said Pitroda had been
invited by the state government and would suggest how to
utilise the merit and knowledge of the state and to catapult
it to the highest level of excellence.
Commenting on the state`s initiative, Pitroda said West
Bengal had been ignored for 30 years.
"Now we need to put together a plan for the next 30
years. We need more people to join us to develop the state in
terms of technology, health and education," he said.
To start with five innovation clusters would be set up
as a part of pilot project. A total of 15 innovation clusters
would be set up as a part of the National Innovation Council,
"We will work under the guidance of the chief minister
who has given detailed plans," Pitroda said.
The meeting between the chief minister and Pitroda was
also attended by state Finance Minister Amit Mitra, Industry
and IT Minister Partha Chatterjee and Railways Minister Dinesh
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?