Mamata claims real `paribartan` has taken place in Bengal
Mograhat: Contesting Opposition parties` claim that no real `paribartan` (change) had taken place in West Bengal after the new government took over, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Monday claimed things became better in the last two years.
Buttressing her contention with examples, she said after the TMC came to power, the state has emerged number one in the "100 days work programme" and peace has returned to Jangalmahal and Darjeeling hills.
"We have created an employment bank, devised schemes for women as well as set up mass housing projects for the poor. Some are saying that no paribartan has taken place in Bengal in the last two years. What is paribartan according to them? Are not these change," she wondered at a panchayat poll meeting here today.
Coming down heavily on CPI(M), Banerjee said that the party was trying to disturb the peaceful situation in the state.
CPI(M), with the help of BJP, Congress and Maoists had come together to disturb the state, she said, adding "they would be thwarted by all means".
She also described as `lies` CPI-M`s allegation that several incidents had taken place during filing of nominations for the panchayat polls.
"These are all lies. During this time, a record number of 1.69 lakh nominations across various political parties have filed their nominations," she said.
According to Banerjee, her government had not even spared her party sympathisers when they were found guilty.
"In the Garden Reach case, we have arrested Md Iqbal, another one in the Tangra incident. Did the CPI(M) act when their cadres were involved in crimes," she asked.
Referring to the Saradha deposit scam, she said the government had acted swiftly in booking the culprits.
Banerjee claimed she was confident of emerging victorious in the polls.
"People`s power will lead us to victory. I am determined to turn around Bengal`s fortunes to make it the number one state," she said.
"If required, we can run Delhi, as we know how to run a government. Bengal will show the path to Delhi," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'