Mamata condoles RP Goenka`s demise
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Sunday condoled the death of industrialist R P Goenka, who died here this morning, describing him as "one of Bengal`s true champions of industry".
"I express my heartfelt condolence for the sad demise of Shri RP Goenka. Today we have lost one of Bengal`s true champions of industry," Banerjee said in a message.
"May the almighty give enough strength to his family members to bear this irreparable loss. May his departed soul rest in peace," she said.
The chief minister, who herself was ill and was released from hospital yesterday following recuperation, was represented by minister Firhad Hakim who paid floral tributes to the departed industrialist at Goenka`s residence at Alipore here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!