Mamata condoles RP Goenka`s demise
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Sunday condoled the death of industrialist R P Goenka, who died here this morning, describing him as "one of Bengal`s true champions of industry".
"I express my heartfelt condolence for the sad demise of Shri RP Goenka. Today we have lost one of Bengal`s true champions of industry," Banerjee said in a message.
"May the almighty give enough strength to his family members to bear this irreparable loss. May his departed soul rest in peace," she said.
The chief minister, who herself was ill and was released from hospital yesterday following recuperation, was represented by minister Firhad Hakim who paid floral tributes to the departed industrialist at Goenka`s residence at Alipore here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman