Mamata condoles RP Goenka`s demise
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Sunday condoled the death of industrialist R P Goenka, who died here this morning, describing him as "one of Bengal`s true champions of industry".
"I express my heartfelt condolence for the sad demise of Shri RP Goenka. Today we have lost one of Bengal`s true champions of industry," Banerjee said in a message.
"May the almighty give enough strength to his family members to bear this irreparable loss. May his departed soul rest in peace," she said.
The chief minister, who herself was ill and was released from hospital yesterday following recuperation, was represented by minister Firhad Hakim who paid floral tributes to the departed industrialist at Goenka`s residence at Alipore here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply