Mamata demands Central probe into Maoist attack in Bengal
New Delhi: Refusing to believe that
Maoists were behind yesterday`s attack in West Bengal,
Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee on Tuesday demanded a
central probe to identify those behind the killing of
"It was a shocking incident and we condemn it. So many
policemen were killed. Centre should probe into it to find out
the culprits behind the incident," Mamata said here.
When it was pointed out that Maoist leader Kishenji has
claimed responsibility for the attack on the police camp in
West Midnapore, she countered, "Who said so? I do not know who
are these people. There should be an investigation by the
Centre to unveil the truth."
In a biggest ever Maoist attack in West Bengal, Maoists
overran the paramilitary camp killing 24 jawans.
Blaming the state government for the incident, she said
"There is a total failure of the law-and-order situation in
the state and the state government should be held accountable
for the ongoing political violence. It is the duty of the
state government to protect its people."
About the Lalgargh operation, she said "Centre and the
state together launched a joint operation in Lalgarh. But was
carried out without our knowledge."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi