Mamata demands Tagore b’day as national holiday
New Delhi: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee today demanded that May 8, which culminates year-long 150 birth anniversary celebrations of Rabindranath Tagore, be declared a national holiday.
"I discussed the issue of celeberation of 150 years of Tagore with the Prime Minister. Since May 8 is his birthday it should be declared as national holiday," Mamata told reporters after meeting Manmohan Singh here.
Mamata said she also also discussed with Singh the celebration of 150 years of Swami Vivekanda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living