Mamata demands Tagore b’day as national holiday
New Delhi: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee today demanded that May 8, which culminates year-long 150 birth anniversary celebrations of Rabindranath Tagore, be declared a national holiday.
"I discussed the issue of celeberation of 150 years of Tagore with the Prime Minister. Since May 8 is his birthday it should be declared as national holiday," Mamata told reporters after meeting Manmohan Singh here.
Mamata said she also also discussed with Singh the celebration of 150 years of Swami Vivekanda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?