Mamata demands total rollback of petrol price hike
Diamond Harbour : Demanding a total rollback of the hike in petrol price, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, who has already taken to the streets on the issue, on Thursday said the fight has to be taken to Delhi.
"The petrol price hike has to be rolled back completely. I have protested (against petrol price hike) on the streets. Which other chief minister has taken to the streets? I have the guts. I believe in fighting. We have to take this fight to Delhi," Banerjee told at a programme in South 24 Parganas district.
Banerjee, chief of Trinamool Congress, the second largest constituent of the UPA-2, had hit the roads in Kolkata on Saturday as the first chief minister to lead a protest march against the steep hike in petrol price to put pressure on the Congress-led UPA government on the issue.
She had expressed strong displeasure against the `unilateral and unjust decision` by the Centre and demanded a rollback calling it unacceptable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday