Mamata demands total rollback of petrol price hike
Diamond Harbour : Demanding a total rollback of the hike in petrol price, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, who has already taken to the streets on the issue, on Thursday said the fight has to be taken to Delhi.
"The petrol price hike has to be rolled back completely. I have protested (against petrol price hike) on the streets. Which other chief minister has taken to the streets? I have the guts. I believe in fighting. We have to take this fight to Delhi," Banerjee told at a programme in South 24 Parganas district.
Banerjee, chief of Trinamool Congress, the second largest constituent of the UPA-2, had hit the roads in Kolkata on Saturday as the first chief minister to lead a protest march against the steep hike in petrol price to put pressure on the Congress-led UPA government on the issue.
She had expressed strong displeasure against the `unilateral and unjust decision` by the Centre and demanded a rollback calling it unacceptable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon