Mamata detractors included in reconstituted WBPCC
New Delhi: Some of the detractors of Mamata
Banerjee as also those favouring a greater space for Congress
during alliance with Trinamool Congress in poll-bound West
Bengal have been accommodated in the reconstituted PCC
announced here tonight.
Deepa Dasmunshi, wife of former Union Minister P R
Dasmunshi, has been made a General Secretary as well as a
member of the new Pradesh Election Committee (PEC).
A number of District Presidents, who were perceived as
adopting a tough posture towards UPA ally Trinamool Congress
and were changed during civic bodies elections in West Bengal
in May, have also been brought back to head the district
In the list of District Presidents, at least three such
leaders have found place who include Shankar Malakar
(Darjeeling Plain), Shankar Singh (Nadia), Mala Roy (South
While Congress President Sonia Gandhi has already
retained PCC chief Manas Ranjan Bhunia, who is perceived to be
close to Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee, in an apparent
balancing act, former ailing PCC chief P R Dasmunshi has also
been included in the list of the 12 permanent invitees.
The list announced today includes names of those in the
Pradesh Congress Committee, state election committee, district
congress committee Presidents and some additional AICC members
from West Bengal.
Gyan Singh Sohanpal, Ashit Mazumdar, Md. Shohrab, Sunil
Tirkey, Ajoy Dey and Debabrato Bose have been made
Vice-Presidents, while Ajit Kumar Aggarwal has been made the
There are 12 general secretaries in the list, which
include Deepa Dasmunshi, Abdul Mannan, Samar Mukherjee and
Party MPs Mousam Noor and Abdul Mannan Hussain are among
the 26 executive members. Ex-MPs Devi Pal and Dawa Narbula
also find their place in the list. The executive members also
include the Presidents of party`s front organisations in the
state Youth Congress Committee, NSUI, Mahila Congress
Committee and Congress Seva Dal.
The list of 12 members of Pradesh Election Committee
(PEC) includes vocal party MP Adhir Ranjan Chaoudhary, A H
Khan Choudhary, Deepa Dasmunshi along with the PCC chief and
the CLP leader in the state. Chiefs of front organisations
will also be invitee members in the PEC.
Shamal Bhattacharya, Mohammed Sorab and Sushaban
Banerjee have been named as additional AICC members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured