Mamata diluting chit-fund issue to save own men: Congress
Kolkata: In the wake of the multi-crore Saradha Group chit fund scam, the Congress Friday accused the Mamata Banerjee-led West Bengal government of trying to dilute the issue to save its "own people".
"I think the (Bengal) government is trying to save their own people and trying to dilute the issue. I am shocked that the government has not filed any FIR (against the group) yet," state Congress president Pradip Bhattacharya said.
The group, one of the largest chit fund companies in eastern India, went bust and its offices last week downed shutters, unable to repay lakhs of depositors. Company chief Sudipto Sen has been arrested and is being prosecuted for cheating.
Several investors have filed First Information Reports and police complaints against Sen, alleging cheating and fraud.
Sen, who had fled the state before being arrested from Jammu and Kashmir, had written to the Central Bureau of Investigation, blaming several high-profile Trinamool Congress and Congress leaders of complicity in the scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das