Mamata donates sales proceeds of her paintings
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Thursday donated proceeds from sale of her paintings to the relief funds of the Chief Minister and the Governor and a portion to the poll expenses of three TMC candidates.
Banerjee told reporters at the state secretariat that she donated Rs 25 lakh to the Chief Minister`s relief fund, while another Rs 10 lakh would be given to the Governor`s relief fund.
She said, she would hand over the cheque for Rs 10 lakh to Governor M K Narayanan in the Raj Bhavan as also a copy of her book released in the Kolkata Book Fair yesterday.
Banerjee said, she had decided to donate Rs five lakh each to candidates of her party as election expenses in the by-polls of Englishbazar, Rezinagar and Nalhati constituencies.
A portion would also be donated to the Spastics Society, she said.
She said that the sale proceeds from her paintings this time was a little lower than last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie