Mamata effects minor change in cabinet
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata
Banerjee today made a minor change in her cabinet, giving
Public Health Engineering Minister Subrata Mukherjee
additional responsibility of Panchayat and Rural development
department, held by Chandranath Sinha.
Sinha has been allotted Statistics and Programme
Implementation Department, the chief minister told reporters
at the Writers` Buildings.
She said that the Centre had asked the state government to
keep statistics as a separate department.
"The previous Left Front government did not create any
separate statistics department, but we made it a separate
one," she said.
Mamata refused to call it a reshuffle, saying, "Whenever a
reshuffle takes place, I will let you know."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'