Mamata effects minor change in cabinet
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata
Banerjee today made a minor change in her cabinet, giving
Public Health Engineering Minister Subrata Mukherjee
additional responsibility of Panchayat and Rural development
department, held by Chandranath Sinha.
Sinha has been allotted Statistics and Programme
Implementation Department, the chief minister told reporters
at the Writers` Buildings.
She said that the Centre had asked the state government to
keep statistics as a separate department.
"The previous Left Front government did not create any
separate statistics department, but we made it a separate
one," she said.
Mamata refused to call it a reshuffle, saying, "Whenever a
reshuffle takes place, I will let you know."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened