Mamata effects minor change in cabinet
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata
Banerjee today made a minor change in her cabinet, giving
Public Health Engineering Minister Subrata Mukherjee
additional responsibility of Panchayat and Rural development
department, held by Chandranath Sinha.
Sinha has been allotted Statistics and Programme
Implementation Department, the chief minister told reporters
at the Writers` Buildings.
She said that the Centre had asked the state government to
keep statistics as a separate department.
"The previous Left Front government did not create any
separate statistics department, but we made it a separate
one," she said.
Mamata refused to call it a reshuffle, saying, "Whenever a
reshuffle takes place, I will let you know."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Drop everything and watch out for John, Varun & Jacqueline starrer 'Dishoom's logo! Pic Inside
- Centre to declassify 25 more files relating to Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose today
- SRH vs SL: Indian Premier League 9, Qualifier 2 - Players to watch out for in virtual semi-final
- Spellers from Texas, New York state battle to tie in US Spelling Bee
- Have given corruption free govt: Amit Shah on 2 years of Modi raj