Mamata effects minor change in cabinet
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata
Banerjee today made a minor change in her cabinet, giving
Public Health Engineering Minister Subrata Mukherjee
additional responsibility of Panchayat and Rural development
department, held by Chandranath Sinha.
Sinha has been allotted Statistics and Programme
Implementation Department, the chief minister told reporters
at the Writers` Buildings.
She said that the Centre had asked the state government to
keep statistics as a separate department.
"The previous Left Front government did not create any
separate statistics department, but we made it a separate
one," she said.
Mamata refused to call it a reshuffle, saying, "Whenever a
reshuffle takes place, I will let you know."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj