Mamata flays LF govt for imposing additional VAT
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee on Saturday criticised the Left Front government for imposing additional VAT and alleged that the state government had accumulated an overdraft of Rs 1.96 lakh crore in the last 33 years of power in the state.
"This government has been putting fresh financial burden on the people of the state to cover up its financial mismanagement," Banerjee told a well-attended rally of party workers and farmers in adjacent Rajarhat.
She said the condition of the state exchequer was alarming due to the Front rule.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Anurag Kashyap will strike back with 'Raman Raghav 2.0' : Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: Sonia Gandhi stashed bribe money in Geneva's Sarasin Bank?
- World record: 23-year-old Tobago batsman Iraq Thomas slams T20 century off 21 balls
- Donald Trump hints at taking India's help in dealing with `unstable` Pakistan
- Champions League: Cristiano Ronaldo remains doubtful for 2nd leg against Manchester City