Mamata flays LF govt for imposing additional VAT
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee on Saturday criticised the Left Front government for imposing additional VAT and alleged that the state government had accumulated an overdraft of Rs 1.96 lakh crore in the last 33 years of power in the state.
"This government has been putting fresh financial burden on the people of the state to cover up its financial mismanagement," Banerjee told a well-attended rally of party workers and farmers in adjacent Rajarhat.
She said the condition of the state exchequer was alarming due to the Front rule.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"