Mamata gives emphasis on infrastructure to attract investment
Andal: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Thursday said that her government was giving emphasis on building proper infrastructure for attracting more investment to the state.
"The proper infrastructure will also help develop the socio-economic status of the region," the chief minister said inaugurating the new terminal building of the Aerotropolis project here in Burdwan district.
She named the building after Bengal`s best-loved poet and songwriter Kazi Nazrul Islam whose revolutionary poems had kindled the fire of freedom in youths during pre-Independence days.
Mamata announced that over Rs 10,000 crore would be invested in developing the Aerotropolis project which, she felt, would ultimately change the industrial scenario in the region comprising Burdwan, Birbhum, Bankura and Purulia distracts.
Such infrastructure would help set up many new industries and develop new coal mines generating employment opportunities for over one lakh people, she claimed.
The chief minister reiterated her resolve not to allow bandhs or strikes to put a spanner in the state`s development works.
She also inaugurated a helicopter service from here, expressing hope this would connect different industrial hubs around including Haldia, Dhanbad and Jamshedpur by air.
The helicopter service would also boost tourism and other industries by networking the Sundarbans, Shantiniketan and other important destinations around, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with India's first NBA player Satnam Singh
- Bombay HC allows Nestle to export Maggi noodles
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra