Mamata gives emphasis on infrastructure to attract investment
Andal: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Thursday said that her government was giving emphasis on building proper infrastructure for attracting more investment to the state.
"The proper infrastructure will also help develop the socio-economic status of the region," the chief minister said inaugurating the new terminal building of the Aerotropolis project here in Burdwan district.
She named the building after Bengal`s best-loved poet and songwriter Kazi Nazrul Islam whose revolutionary poems had kindled the fire of freedom in youths during pre-Independence days.
Mamata announced that over Rs 10,000 crore would be invested in developing the Aerotropolis project which, she felt, would ultimately change the industrial scenario in the region comprising Burdwan, Birbhum, Bankura and Purulia distracts.
Such infrastructure would help set up many new industries and develop new coal mines generating employment opportunities for over one lakh people, she claimed.
The chief minister reiterated her resolve not to allow bandhs or strikes to put a spanner in the state`s development works.
She also inaugurated a helicopter service from here, expressing hope this would connect different industrial hubs around including Haldia, Dhanbad and Jamshedpur by air.
The helicopter service would also boost tourism and other industries by networking the Sundarbans, Shantiniketan and other important destinations around, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested