`Mamata govt celebrating anniversary of misrule`
Kolkata: The Communist Party of India- Marxist (CPI-M) Sunday mocked Trinamool Congress-led West Bengal government`s anniversary celebrations and dubbed them as an "anniversary of misrule".
"The state government is spending crores of rupees to spread awareness about the achievement of the one year old government. Approximately it is spending Rs.20 crores for this gala festival. But on the other hand for the last one year they have been saying that the state lack funds to carry on developmental projects," said an editorial published in CPI-M mouthpiece "Ganashakti".
"A section of state government employees and transport workers are not getting their salaries and pensions. The state government is claiming that there has been huge surge in the investment sector. But the fact is all the industrial projects that the new government has inaugurated wer eundertaken during the left rule," the editorial said.
It also pointed out the discrepancies in figures given by Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and Industry Minister Partha Chatterjee regarding the amount of investment in the state.
"The chief minister is saying that state has signed pacts entailing an investment of Rs.80,000 crore, whereas the industry minister claimed that investment worth one lakh crore will take place in the state. Nobody knows the real truth," the Bengali daily said.
The editorial also criticised the government for the ongoing trail of farmer suicides in the state, and the law and order situation.
"Around 53 farmers have committed suicides in the last one year due to their inability in repaying loans. Professors and principals have been harassed by Trinamool supporters. The goons have become more active due to the inactiveness of police."
"People from all the sections of the society are experiencing the breakdown of law and order. The people from their experience are realising that the state has witnessed the anniversary of misrule," it added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read