Mamata govt delaying Saradha investigation: CPI(M)
Kolkata: The CPI(M) on Thursday accused the Mamata Banerjee government of exerting political pressure to influence the investigation into Saradha swindle.
Alleging that the West Bengal government was `deliberately` delaying the investigation to suppress facts, CPI(M) politburo member Suryakanta Mishra said the affidavit of Saradha group`s owner Sudipta Sen to Calcutta High Court was drafted in "consultation with the state government".
When asked to comment on the difference in the content of Sen`s statement to CBI before his arrest in mid-April and that of yesterday in his affidavit, Mishra said, "The draft filed yesterday was done in consultation with the state government."
"He (Sen) will write what he is asked to write regardless of the facts," Mishra, who is also the Leader of Opposition in state assembly, said.
It was `amazing` that the state government had not yet taken any serious move to identify and arrest those directly involved in the multi-crore rupees scam, he said.
"No serious move has been mounted to ensure return of the money to the innumerable investors who have been cheated."
"This will only encourage the deceivers and swindlers at the cost of the innocent investors in the chit fund."
The delay in the investigation process would only increase the risk factor for the investors, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Don't let India use your soil against us, Pakistan tells Afghanistan
- Congress rushes in defence of 'sidelined' AAP Punjab convener
- Bad time continues for banks; Kingfisher Airlines brands auction fails again
- Punjab seeks CBI probe in shooting of RSS leader
- French PM Manuel Valls praises economy, says growth target in reach