`Mamata govt making frivolous expenditure`
Midnapore: Former West Bengal Chief
Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee on Wednesday accused the Trinamool
Congress-led government in the state of making frivolous
expenditure while not paying salaries of employees citing lack
"The government is giving grants to clubs, but is not
paying salaries to the Transport Department and other
employees. The government is claiming lack of funds, but it is
making frivolous expenditure," Bhattacharjee told a CPI-M
Alleging that the present dispensation stopped the
government dole of Rs 1500 to workers in closed tea gardens
leading to starvation deaths, Bhattacharjee, said "The
government is claiming it has no money as we had made the
state bankrupt. But we had not stopped doles and subsidies."
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has on several occasions
said that the previous Left Front, which ruled the state for
34 years, had made the state bankrupt and left behind a debt
burden of Rs 2.3 lakh crore.
Bhattacharjee alleged that the government was not buying
paddy from farmers leading to their suicides.
Leader of Opposition and party leader Suryakanta Mishra
claimed that 31 farmers committed suicide because of poverty.
"The chief minister is blaming the Centre for all ills in
the state, but it cannot absolve itself of its
responsibility," he said.
CPI(M) state secretary and Left Front chairman Biman Bose
accused the Trinamool Congress of having hobnobbed with
Maoists in `junglemahal`.
"More than 250 CPI(M) cadres and supporters were killed in
West Midnapore district alone since 2007," Bose said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'