`Mamata govt making frivolous expenditure`
Midnapore: Former West Bengal Chief
Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee on Wednesday accused the Trinamool
Congress-led government in the state of making frivolous
expenditure while not paying salaries of employees citing lack
"The government is giving grants to clubs, but is not
paying salaries to the Transport Department and other
employees. The government is claiming lack of funds, but it is
making frivolous expenditure," Bhattacharjee told a CPI-M
Alleging that the present dispensation stopped the
government dole of Rs 1500 to workers in closed tea gardens
leading to starvation deaths, Bhattacharjee, said "The
government is claiming it has no money as we had made the
state bankrupt. But we had not stopped doles and subsidies."
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has on several occasions
said that the previous Left Front, which ruled the state for
34 years, had made the state bankrupt and left behind a debt
burden of Rs 2.3 lakh crore.
Bhattacharjee alleged that the government was not buying
paddy from farmers leading to their suicides.
Leader of Opposition and party leader Suryakanta Mishra
claimed that 31 farmers committed suicide because of poverty.
"The chief minister is blaming the Centre for all ills in
the state, but it cannot absolve itself of its
responsibility," he said.
CPI(M) state secretary and Left Front chairman Biman Bose
accused the Trinamool Congress of having hobnobbed with
Maoists in `junglemahal`.
"More than 250 CPI(M) cadres and supporters were killed in
West Midnapore district alone since 2007," Bose said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?