Mamata govt to launch own TV channel, newspaper
Kolkata: In an unprecedented move, Mamata Banerjee government in West Bengal has decided to launch its own newspaper and television channel.
An announcement to the effect was made by none other than West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
“The West Bengal government will use the newspaper and Television channel to publicise and propagate its activities and achievements,” Banerjee told reporters here.
“The right information on the government will be disseminated to the people of West Bengal”, she said.
Banerjee has time and again alleged that the media was deliberately painting a negative picture of her government by making “concocted” stories.
She had claimed that her government scored "a hundred out of hundred" as far as performance was concerned.
"You do not see positively. You see negatively. If you see positively, the performance of the government is 100 out of 100," she had said.
"There is a limit to everything. No one can impose his or her personal opinion on others. Freedom is your right but don`t impose your freedom on others....Don’t think that you have secured the right to do anything just because you have the pen in your hand", she had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!