Mamata govt to launch own TV channel, newspaper
Kolkata: In an unprecedented move, Mamata Banerjee government in West Bengal has decided to launch its own newspaper and television channel.
An announcement to the effect was made by none other than West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
“The West Bengal government will use the newspaper and Television channel to publicise and propagate its activities and achievements,” Banerjee told reporters here.
“The right information on the government will be disseminated to the people of West Bengal”, she said.
Banerjee has time and again alleged that the media was deliberately painting a negative picture of her government by making “concocted” stories.
She had claimed that her government scored "a hundred out of hundred" as far as performance was concerned.
"You do not see positively. You see negatively. If you see positively, the performance of the government is 100 out of 100," she had said.
"There is a limit to everything. No one can impose his or her personal opinion on others. Freedom is your right but don`t impose your freedom on others....Don’t think that you have secured the right to do anything just because you have the pen in your hand", she had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list