Mamata happy with winning a seat in WB by-poll
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Thursday said she was happy that her party Trinamool Congress could win in one of the three bypolls in the state.
"We have won at least one seat in an area where we had none," Banerjee said.
"The party has done well in the English Bazar seat in Malda district. I have congratulated our candidate Krishnendu Narayan Chowdhury for his win," the Chief Minister said.
Congress candidate Rabiul Alam Choudhury won the Rejinagar seat and LF candidate Dipak Chatterjee from Nalhati. Krishnendu Narayan Chowdhury won the English Bazar seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report