Mamata happy with winning a seat in WB by-poll
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Thursday said she was happy that her party Trinamool Congress could win in one of the three bypolls in the state.
"We have won at least one seat in an area where we had none," Banerjee said.
"The party has done well in the English Bazar seat in Malda district. I have congratulated our candidate Krishnendu Narayan Chowdhury for his win," the Chief Minister said.
Congress candidate Rabiul Alam Choudhury won the Rejinagar seat and LF candidate Dipak Chatterjee from Nalhati. Krishnendu Narayan Chowdhury won the English Bazar seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail