Mamata happy with winning a seat in WB by-poll
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Thursday said she was happy that her party Trinamool Congress could win in one of the three bypolls in the state.
"We have won at least one seat in an area where we had none," Banerjee said.
"The party has done well in the English Bazar seat in Malda district. I have congratulated our candidate Krishnendu Narayan Chowdhury for his win," the Chief Minister said.
Congress candidate Rabiul Alam Choudhury won the Rejinagar seat and LF candidate Dipak Chatterjee from Nalhati. Krishnendu Narayan Chowdhury won the English Bazar seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre