Mamata has CPI-M phobia: Biman Bose
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister is suffering from a CPI-M phobia, the Left Front said Wednesday, accusing her of violating the model code of conduct for the panchayat elections.
"When she visited Kamduni (village), she had said there were CPI-M (Communist Party of India-Marxist) people there. But actually there was no one (from CPI-M). It seems she is having CPI-M phobia," Left Front chairman Biman Bose told the media.
Banerjee went unannounced to the North 24 Parganas district village, the residence of a second-year college student abducted, gang-raped and killed June 7.
The trip turned sour after a group of women asked her to talk to them and shouted slogans about the lack of security. The chief minister lost her cool and told the villagers to "shut up". She branded the rapists as well as the protesters "CPI-M people".
Bose, the CPI-M state secretary, said Banerjee was violating the model code of conduct by making public announcements of schemes and policies before the election.
Bose slammed the State Election Commission for failing to get central forces for the panchayat elections.
Bose asked Congress leaders to urge the central government to intervene in the dispute between the state government and the poll panel.
"Congress leaders should ask their government at the centre to assist the state government and the State Election Commission so that the election can be held peacefully," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends