Mamata has taken bold step: Vijay Goel
Kolkata: The BJP on Thursday praised Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee saying that she has taken a bold step by announcing withdrawal of support from the UPA government.
"A bold step has been taken by her to withdraw support from the UPA government. Till now it was said that she doesn`t do what she says. She has now taken a step forward. We hope that she formally withdraws support from the UPA government tomorrow," BJP General Secretary Vijay Goel told reporters here.
"The UPA government is in a minority following the TMC decision to withdraw support. We will tell the President that this government be asked to take a confidence vote in the Lok Sabha," Goel, a former union minister, said.
"We have demanded roll back of the decisions like FDI in multi-brand retail, diesel price hike and cap on subsidised LPG cylinders. Either the government rolls back the decisions or it has to go," he said.
The UPA government which came to power on the aam admi plank was doing everything which was anti people, Goel alleged and said that FDI in retail would spell doom for millions of small store owners and workers.
He also alleged that FDI in retail was brought to remove the public glare from 2G, CWG, coal block allocation and other scams.
Speaking about the effect of the bandh in West Bengal, he said "The bandh was a total success. It was called to protest the anti-people policies of the UPA government."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic