Mamata has taken bold step: Vijay Goel
Kolkata: The BJP on Thursday praised Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee saying that she has taken a bold step by announcing withdrawal of support from the UPA government.
"A bold step has been taken by her to withdraw support from the UPA government. Till now it was said that she doesn`t do what she says. She has now taken a step forward. We hope that she formally withdraws support from the UPA government tomorrow," BJP General Secretary Vijay Goel told reporters here.
"The UPA government is in a minority following the TMC decision to withdraw support. We will tell the President that this government be asked to take a confidence vote in the Lok Sabha," Goel, a former union minister, said.
"We have demanded roll back of the decisions like FDI in multi-brand retail, diesel price hike and cap on subsidised LPG cylinders. Either the government rolls back the decisions or it has to go," he said.
The UPA government which came to power on the aam admi plank was doing everything which was anti people, Goel alleged and said that FDI in retail would spell doom for millions of small store owners and workers.
He also alleged that FDI in retail was brought to remove the public glare from 2G, CWG, coal block allocation and other scams.
Speaking about the effect of the bandh in West Bengal, he said "The bandh was a total success. It was called to protest the anti-people policies of the UPA government."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide