Mamata has taken bold step: Vijay Goel
Kolkata: The BJP on Thursday praised Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee saying that she has taken a bold step by announcing withdrawal of support from the UPA government.
"A bold step has been taken by her to withdraw support from the UPA government. Till now it was said that she doesn`t do what she says. She has now taken a step forward. We hope that she formally withdraws support from the UPA government tomorrow," BJP General Secretary Vijay Goel told reporters here.
"The UPA government is in a minority following the TMC decision to withdraw support. We will tell the President that this government be asked to take a confidence vote in the Lok Sabha," Goel, a former union minister, said.
"We have demanded roll back of the decisions like FDI in multi-brand retail, diesel price hike and cap on subsidised LPG cylinders. Either the government rolls back the decisions or it has to go," he said.
The UPA government which came to power on the aam admi plank was doing everything which was anti people, Goel alleged and said that FDI in retail would spell doom for millions of small store owners and workers.
He also alleged that FDI in retail was brought to remove the public glare from 2G, CWG, coal block allocation and other scams.
Speaking about the effect of the bandh in West Bengal, he said "The bandh was a total success. It was called to protest the anti-people policies of the UPA government."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi