Mamata hints at steps against GLP excesses
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Monday hinted that her government would take steps against excesses by `Gorkhaland Personnel` (GLP) of the Gorkha Janmukti Morcha (GJM), during their ongoing agitation for a separate Gorkhaland state in the Darjeeling hills.
"Yes, I know about the activities of the GLP. I will speak to you on this later," Banerjee told reporters cryptically in reply to a question.
Home Secretary Basudeb Banerjee left for Darjeeling during the day to review the law and order in the hills.
He would also meet senior officials in the administration and police officials, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Telangana TS EAMCET Results 2016: Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (TS EAMCET) results to be declared today on May 26 (Thursday) on www.tseamcet.in at 11 AM
- World leaders kick off G7 talks with economy, terrorism and refugees in focus
- Indians face public wrath in Congo after Congolese national bludgeoned to death in Delhi; govt rejects racism claims
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department