Mamata hints at steps against GLP excesses
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Monday hinted that her government would take steps against excesses by `Gorkhaland Personnel` (GLP) of the Gorkha Janmukti Morcha (GJM), during their ongoing agitation for a separate Gorkhaland state in the Darjeeling hills.
"Yes, I know about the activities of the GLP. I will speak to you on this later," Banerjee told reporters cryptically in reply to a question.
Home Secretary Basudeb Banerjee left for Darjeeling during the day to review the law and order in the hills.
He would also meet senior officials in the administration and police officials, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda