Mamata initiates plan to boost tourism in Bengal
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Friday said her government was taking up a comprehensive plan to boost tourism in the state.
Announcing her plan here, Banerjee said the state government would set up a budget hotel at Jharkhali in the Sundarbans in a private public participation.
"Such a budget hotel would come up in PPP-model over 100 acres of land to attract tourists from the country and abroad," Banerjee said.
Reminding that the new tourist destination at Lamahatta was a major success with massive response from the tourists, she said more such initiatives would be taken up with immediate target at Gajoldoba in Malda district.
A Rs 2500 crore tourism project would come up along with a hotel and corporate golf course at Gajoldoba also in PPP model to attract large number of tourists of all classes, she said.
Budget resorts and home-stay tourism would also come up there, Banerjee said.
Steps would be taken to establish air-link between all tourist destination through helicopter services in places like Digha, Malda, Shantiniketan, Assansol and Durgapur, she said.
"We are also having talks with the concerned authorities for introducing night-landing facilities at army-controlled Bagdogra airport, which is also used for operating civil aircraft," chief minister said.
The state cabinet during the day cleared allotment of 150 acres of land at Rajarhat New Town to Shapoorji Palonji for low cost housing, state secretariat sources said.
State cabinet also decided to set up another IT-hub at Rajarhat New Town over 50 acres of land, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Jharkhand: Firing during Dhanbad municipal elections, many injured
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’