Mamata initiates plan to boost tourism in Bengal
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Friday said her government was taking up a comprehensive plan to boost tourism in the state.
Announcing her plan here, Banerjee said the state government would set up a budget hotel at Jharkhali in the Sundarbans in a private public participation.
"Such a budget hotel would come up in PPP-model over 100 acres of land to attract tourists from the country and abroad," Banerjee said.
Reminding that the new tourist destination at Lamahatta was a major success with massive response from the tourists, she said more such initiatives would be taken up with immediate target at Gajoldoba in Malda district.
A Rs 2500 crore tourism project would come up along with a hotel and corporate golf course at Gajoldoba also in PPP model to attract large number of tourists of all classes, she said.
Budget resorts and home-stay tourism would also come up there, Banerjee said.
Steps would be taken to establish air-link between all tourist destination through helicopter services in places like Digha, Malda, Shantiniketan, Assansol and Durgapur, she said.
"We are also having talks with the concerned authorities for introducing night-landing facilities at army-controlled Bagdogra airport, which is also used for operating civil aircraft," chief minister said.
The state cabinet during the day cleared allotment of 150 acres of land at Rajarhat New Town to Shapoorji Palonji for low cost housing, state secretariat sources said.
State cabinet also decided to set up another IT-hub at Rajarhat New Town over 50 acres of land, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!