Mamata initiates plan to boost tourism in Bengal
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Friday said her government was taking up a comprehensive plan to boost tourism in the state.
Announcing her plan here, Banerjee said the state government would set up a budget hotel at Jharkhali in the Sundarbans in a private public participation.
"Such a budget hotel would come up in PPP-model over 100 acres of land to attract tourists from the country and abroad," Banerjee said.
Reminding that the new tourist destination at Lamahatta was a major success with massive response from the tourists, she said more such initiatives would be taken up with immediate target at Gajoldoba in Malda district.
A Rs 2500 crore tourism project would come up along with a hotel and corporate golf course at Gajoldoba also in PPP model to attract large number of tourists of all classes, she said.
Budget resorts and home-stay tourism would also come up there, Banerjee said.
Steps would be taken to establish air-link between all tourist destination through helicopter services in places like Digha, Malda, Shantiniketan, Assansol and Durgapur, she said.
"We are also having talks with the concerned authorities for introducing night-landing facilities at army-controlled Bagdogra airport, which is also used for operating civil aircraft," chief minister said.
The state cabinet during the day cleared allotment of 150 acres of land at Rajarhat New Town to Shapoorji Palonji for low cost housing, state secretariat sources said.
State cabinet also decided to set up another IT-hub at Rajarhat New Town over 50 acres of land, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof