Mamata invites Prez Pranab to visit West Bengal
New Delhi: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has invited President Pranab Mukherjee to visit the state, Railway Minister Mukul Roy said Wednesday.
"Mamatadi has invited Pranab Mukherjee to visit West Bengal," Roy told reporters here.
When pointed out that Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had asked Mukherjee to undertake his first visit as President to his state, Roy said, "it was for the President to decide where to go first".
Banerjee`s Trinamool Congress, a key constituent of the UPA, had initially opposed Mukherjee`s candidature in the Presidential election. The party decided to back Mukherjee only two days ahead of the July 19 Presidential election.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi