Mamata invites Prez Pranab to visit West Bengal
New Delhi: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has invited President Pranab Mukherjee to visit the state, Railway Minister Mukul Roy said Wednesday.
"Mamatadi has invited Pranab Mukherjee to visit West Bengal," Roy told reporters here.
When pointed out that Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had asked Mukherjee to undertake his first visit as President to his state, Roy said, "it was for the President to decide where to go first".
Banerjee`s Trinamool Congress, a key constituent of the UPA, had initially opposed Mukherjee`s candidature in the Presidential election. The party decided to back Mukherjee only two days ahead of the July 19 Presidential election.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre