Mamata invites Prez Pranab to visit West Bengal
New Delhi: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has invited President Pranab Mukherjee to visit the state, Railway Minister Mukul Roy said Wednesday.
"Mamatadi has invited Pranab Mukherjee to visit West Bengal," Roy told reporters here.
When pointed out that Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had asked Mukherjee to undertake his first visit as President to his state, Roy said, "it was for the President to decide where to go first".
Banerjee`s Trinamool Congress, a key constituent of the UPA, had initially opposed Mukherjee`s candidature in the Presidential election. The party decided to back Mukherjee only two days ahead of the July 19 Presidential election.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam