Mamata is truly rightist: Biman
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee was a Rightist though she posed as a Leftist and close to imperialism and capitalist policies of the US, CPI(M) leader Biman Bose claimed on Thursday.
"The political philosophy of the chief minister and her Trinamool Congress is truly rightist and is manifest in the activities though she claims herself to be a follower of leftism for the sake of claims only," Bose, a CPI(M) politburo member said.
Bose, the CPI(M) state secretary said "it is unprecedented that US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton met the Chief Minister at Writers` Buildings straightway after her arrival at the airport here in May."
He also claimed that the CM has decided to invite US President Barack Obama to attend a Yuva Utsav in connection with Swami Vivekananda`s birthday in January next year.
"All these point to Banerjee`s closeness to imperialism and affinity with the capitalist policies of the US," he said at a press conference here on Left Front`s preparations for a 5-km anti-imperialist procession on September 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?