Mamata lets Left garland Netaji statue first
Kolkata: On Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose`s birthday on Monday, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee did a U-turn and allowed Left leaders to garland his statue first.
The Left Front had on Saturday vowed to disregard a government fiat regarding the time allotted to it for garlanding the revolutionary`s statue.
In a bid to avoid any controversy, Banerjee broke protocol by allowing the Left leaders garland the statue even ahead of her.
Forward Bloc leader Ashok Ghosh was the first to do so, followed by Left Front chairman Biman Bose and other Left leaders. Banerjee and her Cabinet colleagues came after them.
The grand-nephew of Netaji, Sugato Bose, also garlanded the statue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH