Mamata meets Bengal Governor M K Narayanan
Kolkata: Amidst reports that the Centre has asked a number of governors, appointed during the UPA regime to resign, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee today called on Governor M K Narayanan at the Raj Bhawan.
Banerjee went to Raj Bhawan from the state secretariat and was there for 15 minutes.
However, there was no word from either the Raj Bhawan or the state government on what transpired between the two.
Though nothing has been officially disclosed, it is understood that the governors who have been asked to quit may include M K Narayanan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka