Mamata not to attend PM`s dinner on May 22
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee will not attend the dinner on Tuesday to be hosted by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for UPA-II MPs and leaders to mark the coalition`s three year in office at the Centre.
Railway Minister and Trinamool Congress all-India general secretary Mukul Roy said on Monday that though a "personal invitation" has been extended to her to attend the dinner, Banerjee, also West Bengal Chief Minister, would not be able to make it because of her "pre-occupation" in the state.
Roy, a close aide of Banerjee, said he is likely to attend the dinner with some other party MPs.
"It is basically a dinner extended by the Prime Minister every year to all MPs of the UPA and Banerjee is not an MP now," he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram