Mamata not to attend PM`s dinner on May 22
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee will not attend the dinner on Tuesday to be hosted by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for UPA-II MPs and leaders to mark the coalition`s three year in office at the Centre.
Railway Minister and Trinamool Congress all-India general secretary Mukul Roy said on Monday that though a "personal invitation" has been extended to her to attend the dinner, Banerjee, also West Bengal Chief Minister, would not be able to make it because of her "pre-occupation" in the state.
Roy, a close aide of Banerjee, said he is likely to attend the dinner with some other party MPs.
"It is basically a dinner extended by the Prime Minister every year to all MPs of the UPA and Banerjee is not an MP now," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon