Mamata pays surprise visit to reserve police force complexes
Kolkata: After her surprise visit to the SSKM Hospital and a brief walk to Writers` Buildings, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee Wednesday turned up at the Alipore Bodyguard Lines, the residential complex for the city`s reserve police force, and sought to know their problems.
Banerjee, who holds the police portfolio, went to the office of the Alipore Bodyguard Lines, and inquired about the food being supplied and the problems of those who resided at the complex, on her way to the state secretariat, Writers` Building.
Families of the reserve police force said that it was for the first time that any chief minister had paid a visit and inquired about their problems.
Yesterday, Banerjee had visited the state-run SSKM hospital to get a first-hand knowledge of the state of affairs at the state`s largest referral hospital and also alighted from her car at BBD Bagh and interacted with people before walking to the state secretariat nearby.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- Crisis in Samajwadi Party: 'Helicopter kya tumhare baap ka hai?' - Why Shivpal Yadav asked this to a man in audience
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption