Mamata pays surprise visit to reserve police force complexes
Kolkata: After her surprise visit to the SSKM Hospital and a brief walk to Writers` Buildings, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee Wednesday turned up at the Alipore Bodyguard Lines, the residential complex for the city`s reserve police force, and sought to know their problems.
Banerjee, who holds the police portfolio, went to the office of the Alipore Bodyguard Lines, and inquired about the food being supplied and the problems of those who resided at the complex, on her way to the state secretariat, Writers` Building.
Families of the reserve police force said that it was for the first time that any chief minister had paid a visit and inquired about their problems.
Yesterday, Banerjee had visited the state-run SSKM hospital to get a first-hand knowledge of the state of affairs at the state`s largest referral hospital and also alighted from her car at BBD Bagh and interacted with people before walking to the state secretariat nearby.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog