Mamata pays surprise visit to reserve police force complexes
Kolkata: After her surprise visit to the SSKM Hospital and a brief walk to Writers` Buildings, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee Wednesday turned up at the Alipore Bodyguard Lines, the residential complex for the city`s reserve police force, and sought to know their problems.
Banerjee, who holds the police portfolio, went to the office of the Alipore Bodyguard Lines, and inquired about the food being supplied and the problems of those who resided at the complex, on her way to the state secretariat, Writers` Building.
Families of the reserve police force said that it was for the first time that any chief minister had paid a visit and inquired about their problems.
Yesterday, Banerjee had visited the state-run SSKM hospital to get a first-hand knowledge of the state of affairs at the state`s largest referral hospital and also alighted from her car at BBD Bagh and interacted with people before walking to the state secretariat nearby.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics