Mamata pays surprise visit to SSKM hospital
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, who holds the health portfolio on Tuesday paid a surprise visit to SSKM hospital to get a first hand understanding of the infrastructure of it considered to be the
best referral institute in the state.
She visited SSKM hospital on her way to Writers` Building at around 10.30 AM and stayed for just a few minutes.
Mamata entered the emergency ward of the hospital and talked to doctors and family members of patients to get a feel of their problems.
The doctors and families of the patient were taken aback to see the Chief Minister.
She asked the doctors, who rushed to receive her, to carry on with their duties.
She did not comment on her observations to the reporters.
Banerjee had retained health ministry with her as there were a lot of complaints on the state`s health infrastructure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outline solutions, don't become roadblock to progressive democracy: BJP tells Mamata
- After Virat Kohli, time for Anil Kumble to work with MS Dhoni - Here's what Jumbo said..
- Union Minister Maneka Gandhi raps Kerala for its policy on stray dogs
- RSS distributed sweets on the day Mahatma Gandhi was assassinated: Congress
- Remember Parul Chauhan aka Ragini from 'Bidaai'? Her latest pictures will make your jaw drop!