Mamata pays surprise visit to SSKM hospital
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, who holds the health portfolio on Tuesday paid a surprise visit to SSKM hospital to get a first hand understanding of the infrastructure of it considered to be the
best referral institute in the state.
She visited SSKM hospital on her way to Writers` Building at around 10.30 AM and stayed for just a few minutes.
Mamata entered the emergency ward of the hospital and talked to doctors and family members of patients to get a feel of their problems.
The doctors and families of the patient were taken aback to see the Chief Minister.
She asked the doctors, who rushed to receive her, to carry on with their duties.
She did not comment on her observations to the reporters.
Banerjee had retained health ministry with her as there were a lot of complaints on the state`s health infrastructure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi