Mamata proposal on regional front too early: Naveen
Bhubaneswar: A day after West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee pushed for a front of regional parties, her Odisha counterpart Naveen Patnaik on Thursday described the proposal as too early.
"About Mamata Banerjee`s proposal, it is still early days for the third front in our country...It`s early days," Patnaik told reporters replying to a question on the TMC chief`s wish to form a front of regional parties.
Patnaik had, however, earlier favoured an alternative front while dubbing the Congress-led UPA as "scam ridden” and the BJP-led NDA as "communally tainted”.
Banerjee had yesterday said that if the regional chief ministers can sit together for the future of the country, she would be very happy.
"If the regional chief ministers can sit together for the future of the country, I will be very happy..... India should run from different parts of the country....We have already decided on Federal Front. I think states should be more powerful," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics