Mamata proposal on regional front too early: Naveen
Bhubaneswar: A day after West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee pushed for a front of regional parties, her Odisha counterpart Naveen Patnaik on Thursday described the proposal as too early.
"About Mamata Banerjee`s proposal, it is still early days for the third front in our country...It`s early days," Patnaik told reporters replying to a question on the TMC chief`s wish to form a front of regional parties.
Patnaik had, however, earlier favoured an alternative front while dubbing the Congress-led UPA as "scam ridden” and the BJP-led NDA as "communally tainted”.
Banerjee had yesterday said that if the regional chief ministers can sit together for the future of the country, she would be very happy.
"If the regional chief ministers can sit together for the future of the country, I will be very happy..... India should run from different parts of the country....We have already decided on Federal Front. I think states should be more powerful," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!