Mamata proposal on regional front too early: Naveen
Bhubaneswar: A day after West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee pushed for a front of regional parties, her Odisha counterpart Naveen Patnaik on Thursday described the proposal as too early.
"About Mamata Banerjee`s proposal, it is still early days for the third front in our country...It`s early days," Patnaik told reporters replying to a question on the TMC chief`s wish to form a front of regional parties.
Patnaik had, however, earlier favoured an alternative front while dubbing the Congress-led UPA as "scam ridden” and the BJP-led NDA as "communally tainted”.
Banerjee had yesterday said that if the regional chief ministers can sit together for the future of the country, she would be very happy.
"If the regional chief ministers can sit together for the future of the country, I will be very happy..... India should run from different parts of the country....We have already decided on Federal Front. I think states should be more powerful," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir