Mamata proposal on regional front too early: Naveen
Bhubaneswar: A day after West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee pushed for a front of regional parties, her Odisha counterpart Naveen Patnaik on Thursday described the proposal as too early.
"About Mamata Banerjee`s proposal, it is still early days for the third front in our country...It`s early days," Patnaik told reporters replying to a question on the TMC chief`s wish to form a front of regional parties.
Patnaik had, however, earlier favoured an alternative front while dubbing the Congress-led UPA as "scam ridden” and the BJP-led NDA as "communally tainted”.
Banerjee had yesterday said that if the regional chief ministers can sit together for the future of the country, she would be very happy.
"If the regional chief ministers can sit together for the future of the country, I will be very happy..... India should run from different parts of the country....We have already decided on Federal Front. I think states should be more powerful," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- US Open: Ramkumar Ramanathan falls in first round of qualifiers
- Gems, jewellery exports up about 12% in Apr-Jul FY17
- India responds to Pakistan's offer for talks, says will discuss only cross-border terror
- CAUGHT ON CAMERA: This man doesn't give a damn to traffic rules, threatens people on Noida roads; his car has VIP horn - WATCH
- Mercedes GLE 400 4MATIC petrol variant launched in India at Rs 74.9 lakh