Mamata renames streets in Kolkata
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee today renamed seventeen streets in the metropolis after legendary personalities from the world of industry, arts, music and others.
The streets were given new names after R P Goenka, Pandit Ravi Shankar, Ram Manohar Lohia, Uttam Kumar, Ustad Hafiz Ali Khan Saheb, Debabrata Biswas as also Chaitanya Mahaprabhu, Ramkrishna Paramahansa and others.
"It is a great honour for all of us to rename streets after these legendary personalities," Banerjee said at the renaming program.
Ustad Amjad Ali Khan, the son of Ustad Hafiz Ali Khan Saheb said it was a great honour to be present at the program.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video