Mamata renames streets in Kolkata
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee today renamed seventeen streets in the metropolis after legendary personalities from the world of industry, arts, music and others.
The streets were given new names after R P Goenka, Pandit Ravi Shankar, Ram Manohar Lohia, Uttam Kumar, Ustad Hafiz Ali Khan Saheb, Debabrata Biswas as also Chaitanya Mahaprabhu, Ramkrishna Paramahansa and others.
"It is a great honour for all of us to rename streets after these legendary personalities," Banerjee said at the renaming program.
Ustad Amjad Ali Khan, the son of Ustad Hafiz Ali Khan Saheb said it was a great honour to be present at the program.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan