Mamata returns to Writers`
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Wednesday returned to her office at Writers` Buildings after a gap of nine days looking tired and walking slowly after her recent illness.
"I will come to office a little late tomorrow and return early. Too much work has piled up. There is no way out," the chief minister told reporters when they asked about her health.
Unlike other days when she used to take the lift to her office and walk down the stairs when returning, she used it both ways.
There were not many visitors for her either.
Earlier, the chief minister attended the eastern zonal council meeting chaired by Union Home minister Sushil Kumar Shinde.
Banerjee was discharged from a private clinic on Saturday.
She had fallen ill after she was heckled on April 9 at the Yojna Bhavan in Delhi by the SFI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Premier League: Jose Mourinho all set to take control at Manchester United
- Zika not a reason to cancel Rio Olympics, says US health official
- Mamata Banerjee sworn-in as West Bengal CM: As it happened
- Haryana DGP says common man has right to take criminal's life. Read his shocking views here
- Taliban leader Mullah Mansour was living under ISI protection