Mamata should first speak to PM: WBPCC
Kolkata: Backing Trinamool Congress chief
Mamata Banerjee in the midst of the attack by the Left and BJP
over her comments on the killing of Maoist leader Azad, the
WBPCC today said that she can mediate for talks with the
ultras, but should first speak to the Prime Minister.
Stating it was good that social activist Swami
Agnivesh was mediating with Maoists, WBPCC chief Manas Bhunia
said, "Mamata Banerjee can make a similar effort. I will
request her to talk to the Prime Minister."
The government will assist any political party that
came forward for initiating a peace process, he said.
"Has PCPA been banned? Moreover, the link between the
PCPA and the Trinamool has not been established as yet," he
He asked as why Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacherjee
was not banning the PCPA and demanded that Bhattacharjee and
CPI(M) General Secretary Prakash Karat immediately publish a
list of Maoists in the state, village and district level.
Bhunia claimed that by raising the bogey of Maoists
before the assembly election, the CPI(M) was trying to use the
issue to win in 42 assembly seats West Midnapur, Bankura and
Purulia districts, while it stockpiled arms too.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- LIVE: Donald Trump takes charge as 45th President of US; Barack Obama thanks supporters