Mamata should first speak to PM: WBPCC
Kolkata: Backing Trinamool Congress chief
Mamata Banerjee in the midst of the attack by the Left and BJP
over her comments on the killing of Maoist leader Azad, the
WBPCC today said that she can mediate for talks with the
ultras, but should first speak to the Prime Minister.
Stating it was good that social activist Swami
Agnivesh was mediating with Maoists, WBPCC chief Manas Bhunia
said, "Mamata Banerjee can make a similar effort. I will
request her to talk to the Prime Minister."
The government will assist any political party that
came forward for initiating a peace process, he said.
"Has PCPA been banned? Moreover, the link between the
PCPA and the Trinamool has not been established as yet," he
He asked as why Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacherjee
was not banning the PCPA and demanded that Bhattacharjee and
CPI(M) General Secretary Prakash Karat immediately publish a
list of Maoists in the state, village and district level.
Bhunia claimed that by raising the bogey of Maoists
before the assembly election, the CPI(M) was trying to use the
issue to win in 42 assembly seats West Midnapur, Bankura and
Purulia districts, while it stockpiled arms too.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- VIDEO: Brett Lee sledged Zaheer Khan while he was batting. What happened next will blow your mind!
- Delhi High Court notice to CBI in Chhota Rajan fake passport case
- Stunning model 'Miss BumBum' uses Instagram to persuade Lionel Messi to reconsider retirement – WATCH pics
- Scotland's First Minister Nicola Sturgeon in Brussels for EU talks
- Know the final recommendations of 7th Pay Commission in a nutshell