Mamata signals go ahead with development works
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Saturday directed the district administrations of Birbhum, Burdwan, Hooghly and West Midnapore to resume all development work which were stalled for the Lok Sabha election.
The chief minister held a high-level meeting on the issue attended by district magistrates of Birbhum, Burdwan, Hooghly and West Midnapore along with a number of leaders of the Trinamool Congress representing those districts.
Trinamool Congress Birbhum district President Anubrata Mandal, Malay Ghatak (dropped from the cabinet after the Lok Sabha poll) from Burdwan district and Trinamoo Congress Hooghly district President Tapan Dasgupta were among those who were present in the meeting convened by the chief minister at the state secretariat.
TMC, Birbhum district president Anubrata Mandal said that the CM took stock of the various ongoing and pending development projects in all these districts and asked the district administration to expedite them immediately.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Good news! Shahid Kapoor and wifey Mira Rajput blessed with a baby girl
- Obama establishes world`s largest marine reserve in Hawaii
- Canadian twins plead guilty to terrorism, face jail time
- Apple issues update after cyber weapon captured
- Pakistani man who made deer skin sandals for Shah Rukh Khan arrested