Mamata signals go ahead with development works
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Saturday directed the district administrations of Birbhum, Burdwan, Hooghly and West Midnapore to resume all development work which were stalled for the Lok Sabha election.
The chief minister held a high-level meeting on the issue attended by district magistrates of Birbhum, Burdwan, Hooghly and West Midnapore along with a number of leaders of the Trinamool Congress representing those districts.
Trinamool Congress Birbhum district President Anubrata Mandal, Malay Ghatak (dropped from the cabinet after the Lok Sabha poll) from Burdwan district and Trinamoo Congress Hooghly district President Tapan Dasgupta were among those who were present in the meeting convened by the chief minister at the state secretariat.
TMC, Birbhum district president Anubrata Mandal said that the CM took stock of the various ongoing and pending development projects in all these districts and asked the district administration to expedite them immediately.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical