Mamata signals go ahead with development works
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Saturday directed the district administrations of Birbhum, Burdwan, Hooghly and West Midnapore to resume all development work which were stalled for the Lok Sabha election.
The chief minister held a high-level meeting on the issue attended by district magistrates of Birbhum, Burdwan, Hooghly and West Midnapore along with a number of leaders of the Trinamool Congress representing those districts.
Trinamool Congress Birbhum district President Anubrata Mandal, Malay Ghatak (dropped from the cabinet after the Lok Sabha poll) from Burdwan district and Trinamoo Congress Hooghly district President Tapan Dasgupta were among those who were present in the meeting convened by the chief minister at the state secretariat.
TMC, Birbhum district president Anubrata Mandal said that the CM took stock of the various ongoing and pending development projects in all these districts and asked the district administration to expedite them immediately.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Christians should ask gay community for forgiveness for past treatment: Pope Francis
- Can you SPOT Aamir Khan in this picture? SEE inside
- 7th Pay Commission: Non-performing govt employees to not get annual increment
- Tri-Nation series final: Mitchell Marsh, Josh Hazlewood guide Australia to 58-run win over West Indies
- History on line as Novak Djokovic, Roger Federer get Wimbledon under way