Mamata sings Nazrul`s song
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata
Banerjee on Thursday paid homage to Kazi Nazrul Islam on his 112th
birth anniversary by singing one his songs.
The chief minister asked two women employees at the
Writers` Buildings to sing any of the poet`s songs, to which
she lent her voice at the ceremony before her office.
She sang the poet`s patriotic song `Durgama Giri Kantar
Chief Secretary Samar Ghosh and Development and Planning
minister Manish Gupta were present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars