Mamata slams Buddha for ridiculing Duronto Express
Kolkata: Dismissing West Bengal Chief
Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee`s criticism of Duronto
Express, Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee today said the
importance and success of the train cannot be diminished.
"Duronto Express has been a successful train and it
cannot be belittled by any criticism or ridicule," Banerjee
said while flagging off four EMU trains at Majherhat station
in southern suburbs.
She, however, said dedicated tracks were necessary for
smooth running of high speed trains.
"Train operation is not a matter of joke. Daily, 1.50
crore people travel by trains. Considering the importance of
the Indian Railways, there should be no hue and cry over petty
things," Banerjee said while referring to suspension of three
employees by her ministry in connection with the decoupling of
Duronto Express a few days ago.
"We take steps within the system for dereliction of
duty as negligence of duty is a criminal offence," she said
adding corrective measures had been taken for food served on
Without naming CPI(M), she criticised political
movement to stall train movement, and said it was to be kept
in mind that West Bengal did not get a single train in the
last 10 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations