Mamata slams Buddha for ridiculing Duronto Express
Kolkata: Dismissing West Bengal Chief
Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee`s criticism of Duronto
Express, Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee today said the
importance and success of the train cannot be diminished.
"Duronto Express has been a successful train and it
cannot be belittled by any criticism or ridicule," Banerjee
said while flagging off four EMU trains at Majherhat station
in southern suburbs.
She, however, said dedicated tracks were necessary for
smooth running of high speed trains.
"Train operation is not a matter of joke. Daily, 1.50
crore people travel by trains. Considering the importance of
the Indian Railways, there should be no hue and cry over petty
things," Banerjee said while referring to suspension of three
employees by her ministry in connection with the decoupling of
Duronto Express a few days ago.
"We take steps within the system for dereliction of
duty as negligence of duty is a criminal offence," she said
adding corrective measures had been taken for food served on
Without naming CPI(M), she criticised political
movement to stall train movement, and said it was to be kept
in mind that West Bengal did not get a single train in the
last 10 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical