Mamata slams Buddha for ridiculing Duronto Express
Kolkata: Dismissing West Bengal Chief
Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee`s criticism of Duronto
Express, Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee today said the
importance and success of the train cannot be diminished.
"Duronto Express has been a successful train and it
cannot be belittled by any criticism or ridicule," Banerjee
said while flagging off four EMU trains at Majherhat station
in southern suburbs.
She, however, said dedicated tracks were necessary for
smooth running of high speed trains.
"Train operation is not a matter of joke. Daily, 1.50
crore people travel by trains. Considering the importance of
the Indian Railways, there should be no hue and cry over petty
things," Banerjee said while referring to suspension of three
employees by her ministry in connection with the decoupling of
Duronto Express a few days ago.
"We take steps within the system for dereliction of
duty as negligence of duty is a criminal offence," she said
adding corrective measures had been taken for food served on
Without naming CPI(M), she criticised political
movement to stall train movement, and said it was to be kept
in mind that West Bengal did not get a single train in the
last 10 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened